Free shipping on orders above € 30 | always 100% vegan
Vegan Protein Banana Bread
17 Apr 2020
Healthy Vegan Protein Banana Bread
+/- 190 kcal and 12g protein each
We have an easy recipe for our delicious and healthy protein banana bread. Our recipe is completely vegan.
For this recipe you need:
- 2 bowls (1 for the dry ingredients and 1 for the wet ingredients)
- Food processor or blender
- Hand blender or whisk
- Bread dish/tin
- Baking/Parchment paper
- Preheated oven at 180 degrees Celsius
- 90g oatmeal (ground into flour in a food processor / blender)
- 90g Chai latte or Vanilla Premium Plant-Based Protein Powder
- 30g Stevia powder or other sweet powder (we bought a jar of stevia powder at the Ekoplaza organic shop)
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon if you use our Chai latte Premium Plant-based Protein or 3 teaspoons if you use our O.G. Vanilla Premium Plant-based Protein used
- Optional: 40g walnuts (use 30g in the mix and 10g as decoration for the banana bread, before placing it in the oven)
- 2 chia seed eggs (2 tbsp chia seeds mixed with 5 tbsp water will becomes a jelly-like substance);
- 60 ml (vanilla) soy milk or almond milk;
- 3 chopped ripe bananas (the riper, the sweeter);
- 60g apple sauce.
- Make the chia eggs by stirring 2 tbsp chia seeds with 5 tbsp water. It will need around 10-15 minutes until it becomes a kind of jelly (stir occasionally);
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius;
- Grind the 90g oatmeal to a flour consistency in a food processor or blender. Now you have oat flour!
- Mix all wet ingredients in a bowl with a hand blender and gradually add the dry ingredients to the bowl with wet ingredients. Mix until it has a smooth consistency;
- Place baking/parchment paper in a bread tin and add the batter. Decorate with a few walnuts;
- Place the baking tin in the oven and bake for 30 minutes (not longer, otherwise the banana bread will become too dry);
- After 30 minutes, remove the banana bread from the oven and let it cool for at least 30 minutes before you cut it;
- Divide the protein banana bread into 8 pieces, for example into rectangles;
- Serve options: with a dash of vegan whipped cream or a teaspoon of peanut butter.
- Tip: the next day even better with a cup of coffee or tea!