Vegan Protein Dark Chocolate Banana Bread - Low calorie & High Protein
SUNDAY #MEALPREP SUGGESTION! Healthy Dark Chocolate banana bread with 10g protein and 155 kcal a piece!
Healthy, gluten-free and dairy-free. This soft dark banana bread is amazing if you're searching for a healthy, vegan high protein snack or decadent breakfast because of the wholesome ingredients and the fact it’s even better the next day! Perfect for a meal prep.
- 4 overripe mashed bananas (±435g)
- 100g oat flour (ground up oats in a food processor)
- 90g Premium Vegan Protein in Tiramisu (coffee/cacao). You can also use O.G. Vanilla, but we would recommend Tiramisu.
- 60g cacao powder
- 1 tsp baking powder, 1tsp baking soda, pinch of salt, dash of white/cider vinegar
- 70g nut butter or peanut butter with chunks (if you don’t have nut butter with chunks use 60-65g smooth nut butter and chop 5-10g nuts. Trust us, you want some chunks!)
- 150g apple sauce
- 105ml plant-based milk (we used unsweetened soy milk)
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius;
- In a blender or food processor blend 100g plain oats to create oat-flour;
- Mash 4 overripe bananas;
- In a big bowl add: the mashed bananas, 100g oat flour, 60g cacao powder, 90g Premium Vegan Protein in Tiramisu, 1 tsp baking powder, 1tsp baking soda, pinch of salt, dash of white/cider vinegar, 70g nut butter or peanut butter with chunks, 150g apple sauce and 105ml plant-based milk (we used unsweetened soy milk);
- Mix well;
- In a a rectangular baking mold/bread pan add baking paper/parchment paper;
- Add the mix to your baking mold and bake for 40 minutes in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees Celsius.
- Let cool down completely before cutting (seriously, try to resist!).
- SERVING SUGGESTION: with red fruits like strawberries or raspberries and (sugar-free) syrup (this will add a few more calories).
Total of this recipe: 1860 kcal - 117g protein
Per piece, when cut into 12 pieces: ± 155 kcal & 10g protein