Creamy Layered Vegan Protein Yogurt with Biscoff Cookies and BananaGo to recipe
Layers of creamy protein rich yogurt in banana flavor with deliciously spiced Biscoff cookies (speculaas). This is a super easy recipe with only 4 ingredients. 1 serving provides 30gr of vegan protein!
Vegan Protein Yogurt (PROYO)
Vegan Protein Yogurt is plant-based yogurt enriched with extra protein. By adding extra protein, you turn any plant-based yogurt into a higher-protein option. Even if there is no protein in a certain plant yogurt, think of coconut yogurt, oat yogurt and almond yogurt (see later in this article table: nutritional value various types of plant-based yogurt per 100g). The extra protein in protein yogurt is added in the form of vegan protein powder. The total protein content of plant-based yogurt is increased.
Vegan Protein Yogurt can also be mealprepped
You can meal prep this delicious vegan protein yogurt. This recipe is originally for 2 servings, but you can easily double it to 4 servings by doubling the ingredients. You can eat the vegan protein powder for breakfast, snack or dessert, but you can also take this vegan protein yogurt to school, work or anywhere on the go. Make the vegan protein yogurt in a container that closes tightly and does not leak. That way you have a delicious vegan protein-rich snack anytime, anywhere.
Ingredients For Creamy Layer Vegan Protein Yogurt with Biscoff Cookies (Speculaas)
Unsweetened plant-based yogurt
For this delicious vegan protein yogurt recipe, we chose unsweetened plant yogurt as the base. In this case, we used unsweetened soy yogurt. This is the vegan or plant-based yogurt with the most protein per 100g. Alternatively, consider oat yogurt, almond yogurt or coconut yogurt, but keep in mind that the protein and calorie levels will change.
|Plant-Based yogurt||Protein per 100g||(Saturated) Fats per 100g||Sugar||Kcal per 100g|
|Unsweetened soy yogurt, plain||4.5gr||2.5gr, of which 0.4gr saturated||0.4gr||43|
|Unsweetened coconut yogurt, plain||0gr||17gr, of which 15gr saturated||0gr||163|
|Unsweetened oat yogurt, plain||1.7gr||2.7gr, of which 1.9gr saturated||4gr||81|
|Unsweetened almond yogurt, plain||2.7gr||9.5gr, of which 0.8gr saturated||1.7gr||119|
|Cashew yogurt||1.3gr||3.1gr, of which 1.2gr saturated||1.2gr||55|
|Lupin yogurt, vanilla flavored (natural is not available)||1.4gr||5gr, of which 4.5gr saturated||4.9gr||101|
Nutritional value of various plant-based yogurts per 100g
To increase protein intake and give a delicious banana flavor that goes great with the Biscoff cookies, we use SUPPLEAM vegan protein powder in “Going Bananas” This vegan protein powder not only adds protein and all the essential amino acids, but also gives the vegan yogurt a delicious banana flavor. You could also go for other flavors of vegan protein powder is, for example O.G. Vanilla (with real vanilla bean powder) or Chai Latte. Adjusting the flavor vegan protein powder changes the taste of the vegan protein yogurt.
Turmeric powder or grated fresh turmeric, may sound crazy in a sweet dish, but in the amount we used doesn’t impart any flavor. When you add turmeric to this recipe, the vegan protein yogurt turns a beautiful yellow color.
Banana is an essential and flavorful ingredient in this recipe for Vegan Protein Yogurt with Biscoff cookies (speculaas). The banana enhances the mild banana flavor of the vegan protein powder and adds a natural sweetness. Banana is rich in potassium, vitamin C and dietary fiber. Banana also adds a creaminess to every bite.
Biscoff cookies or speculaas, crumbled
To give the vegan protein yogurt a touch of spice, crumble Biscoff cookies (or speculaas) over the yogurt and add to the base.
Frequently asked questions
Can I use another flavor of vegan protein powder?
Yes. Basically, any flavor will do, but the tastiest combination are made with the following flavors:
- Going Bananas (deliciously creamy with real vanilla bean powder and a mild and natural banana flavor)
- O.G. Vanilla (with real vanilla bean powder)
- Chai Latte (with sweet spices like cinnamon powder, cardamom and ginger powder)
- Strawberry Cheesecake (fresh strawberry flavor)
- Tiramisu (chocolate with a hint of coffee)
Can I also omit turmeric?
Yes, but keep in mind that your yogurt will no longer turn a beautiful yellow.
If you choose another flavor of vegan protein powder, the turmeric can be omitted.
Can I use other fruits as well?
Yes, consider fresh fruits like mango, strawberries, pineapple, raspberries.
Can’t I store the vegan protein yogurt with banana for more than 1-2 days?
You can store the vegan protein yogurt with banana for longer (3-4 days), but you run the risk of your banana turning brown in color. So if you don’t mind this, you can keep it in the refrigerator for more than 1-2 days.
Creamy Layered Vegan Protein Yogurt with Biscoff Cookies and BananaLayers of creamy high-protein banana-flavored yogurt with deliciously spiced Biscoff cookies (speculaas)
|Doelen||Afvallen (droogtrainen), (Snel) Herstellen, Muscle Building, Meer energie|
|Number of servings||2|
|Preparation time||3 minutes|
|Cooking time||2 minutes|
|Total cooking time||5 minutes|
Nutritional value per serving: 278 kcal | 30gr protein | 22gr carbohydrates | 7.5gr fats | 3gr fiber
- 350gr unsweetened plant yogurt (we used unsweetened soy yogurt)
- 55gr vegan protein powder, we used the flavor “Going Bananas” SUPPLEAM Premium Vegan Protein Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 (±100gr) banana, cut into slices
- 4 pieces (31gr) Biscoff cookies or speculaas, crumbled
- In a bowl add the unsweetened plant yogurt and vegan protein powder and mix with a whisk;
- Add the turmeric and continue mixing with a whisk. The turmeric will give a beautiful yellow color. Don’t worry, it won’t add any noticeable flavor;
- In 2 glasses add a layer of crumbled biscoff cookies, next a layer of vegan protein yogurt and then a layer of sliced banana;
- Now add another layer of crumbled Biscoff cookies, then another layer of protein yogurt and after this another layer of banana slices.
- Finish the layers with crumbled Biscoff cookies (speculaas);
- You can eat this layered vegan protein yogurt with Biscoff cookies (speculaas) right away or place covered in the refrigerator and save for a later time. You can even leave it overnight and eat it for breakfast. Delicious!